Website British Council Qatar
Teacher of English
British Council Job Vacancy at Teacher of English in Qatar
Teacher of English Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Teacher of English has publish a notification on www.britishcouncil.org career page for the recruitment of British Council Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of British Council can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||British Council|
|Name of Post||Teacher of English|
|Salary||QAR 10,009.00 – 12,833.00 Monthly|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Teacher of English Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
- To maintain and enhance professional development and academic quality in the teaching centre, through the management of an in-house teacher development programme and support
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To provide learners with a rewarding and stimulating English language learning experience
- To support the wider aims of the British Council and its cultural relations mission
- The Qatar Teaching Centre currently delivers public-access courses to up to 1,000 adult & Young Learner students on-site termly and has an off-site contract programme. The centre has 12 classrooms and is co-located with strong exams and programmes. There are approximately 12 full-time teachers, 2 Coordinators, and 1 Senior Teacher. The centre currently delivers up to 18,000 class hours per annum. Teaching is delivered both onsite, online and in-company for corporate training.
- Planning, preparing and delivering high quality English language classes or corporate training sessions, including development of culturally appropriate materials, enhancing the reputation of the British Council as an authority in the field, taking account of individual learning styles and ensuring a welcoming, professional learning environment. Number of timetabled hours per week to be delivered will be agreed based on centre needs and teacher availability.
- Incorporating effective use of technology into classes in order to enhance the British Council’s reputation as a cutting-edge provider. British Council Qatar uses the TCMS system for online management of classes and student portals and forums.
- Monitoring student progress through appropriate diagnostic testing early on in courses and continuous assessment tasks. Counselling students appropriately at mid and end points of term and encouraging them to take a strategic, autonomous view of learning appropriate to their level.
- Teaching in an energetic and engaging way, and in high standard. Teachers in the centre support each other and receive coaching in order to meet standards in the core areas of:
- Clear aims and lesson staging
- Appropriately varied classroom interaction patterns
- Appropriate pacing
- Integrated pronunciation
- Error correction and feedback
- Continuity of content
- First Degree
- CELTA or Trinity Certificate TESOL
- Diploma (DELTA or Trinity TESOL)
- YL extension, DELTA YL specialism, PGCE
- More than 1,600 hours of recent and relevant post-certificate EFL experience in both Adults and YLs
- Young learners aged 5 to 10 (400+hours)
- Young learners aged 11 to 17 (400+hours)
- Adults General English 18+ (800+ hours)
- IELTS examiner status
- Experience in English for Special Purposes (ESP) and/or Teacher Training
- High level of proficiency in English (equivalent to CEF C2, IELTS 8.5)
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: Basic Salary range between QAR 10,009 – 12,833 per month (Depending on qualification and work experience)
- Annual leaves: 35 days annual leave + public holidays
- Medical Allowance: Private medical insurance provided
- Accommodation Allowance (per month)
- Locally appointed: unaccountable QAR3,500
- Travel allowance: Unaccountable QR400 pcm
- Settling-in allowance (Recruited outside of the country) – The allowance is 7% of the employee’s annual base salary, and a temp accommodation for two weeks
- Terminal gratuity payable of one month’s final basic salary for every year of service
- Residence/work permits required for employment
- Tentative start date: 1st June 2023 (depending on business requirements)
- Contract Duration: 2-year fixed term (renewable)
- Local restrictions on employment : Passport: Should be valid for more than 6 months for visa requirements.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: As per Ministry of Public Health guidelines, our teachers are required to be fully vaccinated to teach. Candidates will need to demonstrate this by providing proof of vaccination.
- Gaining residency in Qatar is a complex process and restrictions apply.
- The main areas to take into consideration are;
- The Qatari authorities have placed restrictions on certain categories of people. As such, Residence Permits currently cannot be gained by;
- Nationals from certain countries – the list of affected countries is not publicised and changes without notice.
- Those aged 60 or above
- Unmarried partners – only married partners may be sponsored and therefore obtain the appropriate residence permit. It is unlawful in Qatar for unmarried partners to cohabit.
- Male children above 25 years old and not enrolled in higher education
- For reasons that are beyond our control, it is unfortunately not possible for female employees sponsored by the British Council to sponsor accompanying family members.
- Male employees can only sponsor their accompanying family members if their salary is equal or greater than QAR10,000.
- Holders of passports containing an Israeli stamp will not be granted visas to Qatar
- Successful candidates will need to provide many documents, some of which must be attested. This is mandatory to gain residency in Qatar.
- Medical tests are carried out in-country before a residence permit is granted – tests for major infectious diseases are carried out. The British Council has no control over this process.
- It takes a minimum of 4 months for a person to be able to sponsor spouse and children to gain residency in Qatar. In general, family members will not be able to accompany the staff member to post from the onset of the contract.
- Distance and online learning degrees are not currently recognised by the Qatari government. This prevents the British Council from securing a Residence Permit for concerned applicants.
- Fulfilling the above requirements does not guarantee that we will be able to secure the appropriate visa or permit for you or your family members. Unfortunately, the British Council has no control over such governmental decisions.
To apply for this job please visit careers.britishcouncil.org.