The Executive Director Commercial strategically oversees and manages the cluster sales, marketing and events team to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved for both Raffles Doha and Fairmont Doha.
This includes the responsibility to lead, drive and achieve revenue and RevPAR goals for room sales, banquet and Food and Beverage sales through strategic planning and implementation of sales, marketing and any product development programs (both short and long term), targeted toward both existing and new markets. Sales segments can be sub-categorized into leisure (including retail, and tour operator), corporate, social events, weddings and MICE.
This also includes support of the Raffles and Fairmont Spa and Wellness facilities in their revenue goals through sales and marketing support, as well as Talent and Culture with marketing and communication support.
This role also leads the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy for the Hotel with the Raffles Outreach program.
Observes and adheres to the Values of Accor, i.e. Guest Passion, Respect, Innovation, Trust, Sustainable Performance and Spirit of Conquest.
- Develops and manages the annual sales and marketing plan, room revenue and sales and marketing budget.
- Development of Sales and Marketing strategies.
- Representation in key events, tradeshows, sales mission and roadshows to maintain / grow existing markets, as well as to develop new business and markets.
- Keeps abreast of impact of pricing guidelines, parity, booking pace and other challenges affecting sales and revenue.
- Works closely with the Digital Marketing and Marketing Communications teams in effective marketing and public relations functions to achieve established benchmarks and hotel positioning.
- Works closely with the Executive Director Revenue Management to drive the Revpro culture within the hotel.
EXECUTES SUPERVISORY RESPONSBILITIES
- Directs and supervises the sales, marketing and events (including Food and Beverage sales) teams.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training colleagues, planning, assigning / delegating work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining colleagues in conjunction with Talent and Culture; addressing feedback and resolving problems.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Degree holder or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the hotel industry and senior level sales position.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a luxury hotel in a similar capacity an advantage.
- Experience in strategic and executive planning.
- Experience in development and execution of marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and successful public relations efforts.