Website Georgetown University Qatar
IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer
Georgetown University Qatar Job Vacancy at IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer in Qatar . IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer Jobs 2022 in Qatar . Apply today before last date.
Georgetown University Qatar Job Vacancy at IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer in Qatar
IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer Jobs 2022 in Qatar :- IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer has publish a notification on career page for the recruitment of Georgetown University Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Georgetown University Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Georgetown University Qatar|
|Name of Post||IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer|
|Salary||QAR 14,000.00 per Month|
|Job Reference Number||12200-2|
IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer Jobs in Qatar 2022 Full Job Descripation
IT Infrastructure and Security Engineer
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is dedicated to fulfilling Georgetown University’s mission of promoting intellectual, ethical and spiritual understanding through serious and sustained discourse among people of different faiths, cultures, and beliefs. Embodying this spirit of the University, Georgetown’s Qatar campus undertakes education, research, and service in order to advance knowledge and provide students and the community with a holistic educational experience that produces global citizens committed to the service of humankind. We demonstrate the values of Georgetown University; seek to build upon the world-class reputation of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service; and work with our partner, Qatar Foundation, in its endeavors to achieve the Qatar National Vision 2030.
GU-Q is looking for a multi-disciplined person who will be responsible for overseeing the Georgetown University Qatar’s (GU-Q) cyber-security solutions, business systems, Cloud applications, and server/network infrastructure, while developing and operating effective processes across GU-Q’s IT infrastructure.
Note: We are hiring for two positions.
- Respond rapidly and effectively to IT and cyber security incidents;
- Assist in the configuration of network systems, servers, software, data storage, cloud technologies and associated updates;
- Assist in disaster recovery planning and exercises; including backup/recovery procedures and higher availability configurations;
- Assist in the development of secure and compliant IT and business solutions;
- Perform routine operational tasks to ensure the smooth running and effective management of the specialist information systems, Cloud applications, server, telecommunications and network infrastructure and continuously monitor performance;
- Maintain server infrastructure services (hardware – virtualised) and other technologies, such as, SQL, MySQL etc.;
- Conduct technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems and processes;
- Assist with the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls to known risks and threats;
- Assists in the adoption of IT security standards and policies at GU-Q;
- Carry out installation and configuration and where appropriate develop systems scripts/programs and software;
- Play an active role in ensuring GU-Q is employing the latest and the most suitable infrastructure technologies to support UIS strategy;
- Liaise with suppliers concerning the resolution of reported faults, future roadmaps and the implementation of vendor updates and products;
- Provide (24/7) support to rectify systems, SAN, telephone and networks faults.
- Write technical and/or managerial reports and work plans, and document systems and processes
- Assist in the planning for the future growth and development of IT infrastructure;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3+ years of experience in a medium to large, complex IT infrastructure environment;
- Considerable working knowledge of overall IT infrastructure and related technologies and standards;
- Industry leading qualifications within the systems, cloud, security and networks and IT Service Management, such as ITIL, CCNP, Storage Administration, VMware, Microsoft, Information Security, Project Management, CommVault (Data Protection);
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment, willingness to assist in other areas of IT as required.
To apply for this job please visit georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.