Website Global Green Growth Institute Qatar
Climate Action MRV Officer
Global Green Growth Institute Qatar Job Vacancy at Climate Action MRV Officer in Doha, Qatar. Climate Action MRV Officer Jobs 2022 in Doha, Qatar. Apply today before last date.
Global Green Growth Institute Qatar Job Vacancy at Climate Action MRV Officer in Doha, Qatar
Climate Action MRV Officer Jobs 2022 in Doha, Qatar:- Climate Action MRV Officer has publish a notification on www.careers.gggi.org..com career page for the recruitment of Global Green Growth Institute Qatar Post in Doha, Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Global Green Growth Institute Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Climate Action MRV Officer|
|Name of Post||Global Green Growth Institute Qatar|
|Job Location||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Reference Number||501547|
Climate Action MRV Officer Jobs in Doha, Qatar 2022 Full Job Descripation
Headquartered in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based non-profit intergovernmental organization with 40+ signatory Member countries and operations and offices spread across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. It was founded to support and promote the model of “green growth” for sustainable development that aims to simultaneously deliver economic growth, poverty reduction, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability in developing and emerging economies. Working as an impartial trusted advisor to governments, GGGI provides technical assistance to countries on policy and planning, investment mobilization, capacity development, and knowledge sharing to help countries and communities achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Climate Agreement.
The State of Qatar is one of the founding Member countries of GGGI and currently serves as a Member of its Council, GGGI’s executive organ presided by His Excellency Ban Ki-Moon, the 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations. GGGI’s Qatar Program based in Doha is scaling up its activities to deliver a multi-year cooperation program with the Qatar Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MoECC). The GGGI Qatar Office is supported by a Host Country Agreement with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. GGGI also has an active collaboration with the Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD) in the form of an MoU and several multi-year earmarked project agreements.
As per Qatar’s revised NDC submitted to the UNFCCC, a national MRV system will be designed to measure and validate progress towards NDC commitments. In this regard, GGGI delivered a scoping assessment in 2019 for the State of Qatar to understand existing local experience (i.e., in oil and gas sector), gaps, and a high-level roadmap for establishing a national MRV system. GGGI also carried out an MRV capacity development and stakeholder consultation workshop to validate the scoping assessment. GGGI Qatar will build on these experiences to support development of national MRV systems for Qatar to meet the Enhanced Transparency Framework of the Paris Agreement.
The MRV Officer– who will report to the Qatar Country Representative or an assigned supervisor while working with staff, consultants, and government counterparts – shall perform the following tasks:
- Lead the development of national MRV systems, which includes refreshing the national greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) inventory and developing a GHG MRV system and an NDC (climate action) tracking MRV system to meet Qatar’s NDC, NCCAP, and QNE objectives.
- Outline and lead the delivery of all aspects of a greenhouse gas MRV system, including MRV coverage, key category analysis, sectoral baselines, defining QA/QC methods, etc.
- Outline and lead the delivery of all aspects of an NDC tracking MRV system, including mapping mitigation and adaptation actions and finance flows.
- Lead the development of guidelines for implementation of NDC tracking MRV and MRV of GHG emissions.
- Provide greenhouse gas and climate action MRV/inventory related inputs to the national development planning process as necessary.
- Lead the formulation/revision of a multi-year work plan for the MRV project in consultation with MoECC and other relevant stakeholders.
- Draft the terms of reference for MRV consultants, as required; oversee the delivery of MRV-related outputs by consultants to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders in the country and internationally to enable data collection and facilitate effective stakeholder consultation process for MRV system development.
- Lead the provision of technical advisory support to government partners around issues on MRV in line with national development priorities and international best practices.
- Design and organize capacity building and knowledge sharing activities on MRV; mobilize appropriate resource persons and serve as trainer/resource person as necessary.
- Support/lead relevant analytical works in the program on climate action and green economy planning and implementation.
- Contribute to the development of GGGI’s work program and budget, monitoring and evaluation, learning and development, and strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In coordination with the staff of GGGI Qatar Office, the role will entail working with consultants and staff to deliver high-quality outputs.
- Will serve as a focal point for enquiries regarding greenhouse gas inventory and national MRV systems.
- Will work closely with relevant MoECC units and key government and private sector partners in developing and maintaining the national greenhouse gas inventory and MRV systems, recognizing the importance of government buy-in and ownership in the implementation of all activities through collaboration and program integration.
- Identify project delivery issues and ensure effective coordination of project activities and resources to ensure attainment of objectives against established timeframes
- Organize program activities including policy consultation and validation meetings and workshops, capacity building programs based on yearly/ biannual work programs and budget plans
- Develop project execution modality and documents across the project management cycle
- Perform country specific data collection and analyses
- Develop result reporting of program activities and facilitate internal and external communications
- Capture lessons learned in project management to support refinement/improvement of existing policies and procedures
- Analyze country contexts and evolving green growth needs and priorities and integrate them into the design and implementation of country program plans and activities
- Work closely with GGGI’s global and regional MRV teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant quantitative discipline such as environmental science, engineering, resource/development economics, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a demonstrated track record in handling greenhouse gas and/or air pollution inventory data and analysis, MRV development, etc
- Minimum of 2 years of international experience
- Technical grasp of key emitting sectors relevant to Qatar, such as energy and industrial processes, and product use (IPPU) as well as the cross-sectoral interactions are required; direct experience in MRV development in the energy and IPPU sectors a plus.
- Experience-based grasp of IPCC technical guideline and GHG inventory software, and Paris Agreement Enhanced Transparency Framework is required.
- Experience in technical capacity building on greenhouse gas inventory a plus.
- Experience of developing guidelines for MRV implementation at country or entity level a plus.
- Experience working with international organizations and/or research/academic institutions is highly desirable.
- Experience in project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English; proficiency in Arabic a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work in a flexible and agile manner and deliver according to the demand of the program.
- Ability to draw and apply best practices and research for policy formulation and implementation.
- Ability to shape and conduct/lead quantitative and qualitative research and analysis for policy and planning.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple effective way to policymakers and general audience, strong writing skills on topics relevant to green growth and sustainability.
- Ability to work independently with high degree of professional integrity and a team player in an international setting.
- Ability to deliver expected outputs on time, effectively communicate with and listen to others, and coordinate across an organization and with external partners.
- Willing to contribute to other activities of the Program as the need arises.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed (occasional).
- Ability to navigate the complexities of data mining and come up with robust analysis in a data-scarce environment.
- Ability to deliver very good quality presentation materials in a short period of time is important.
- Ability to explain highly complex concepts in easily understandable language.
- Understand and actively support GGGI’s mission, vision, and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect, and partnership.
- Has strong client orientation.
- Process and share information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity in handling privileged information and in stewardship of public resources.
- Value the importance of promoting environmental sustainability within the workplace and green growth within society as a whole.
The Climate Action MRV Officer, Qatar Country Program is a X8 International Position. For X8 International grade, the base salary starts from USD 59,424 Determination of base salary is subject to candidate’s experience, academic background and internal equity. GGGI provides 13% of base salary towards retirement plan/long-term savings, applicable expatriate benefits, 27 days of annual leave, and private health insurance that covers dental and vision.
GGGI is committed to providing a work environment that is sufficiently flexible to accommodate diverse life-cycle challenges and assist Staff members to achieve a better balance between work and personal/family commitments, thus ensuring high performance, long-term productivity, and well-being of Staff members.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gggi.org.