Website GovernmentCIO Qatar
Fire Protection Engineer
GovernmentCIO Qatar Job Vacancy at Fire Protection Engineer in Qatar
Fire Protection Engineer Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Fire Protection Engineer has publish a notification on www.govcio.com career page for the recruitment of GovernmentCIO Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of GovernmentCIO Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||GovernmentCIO Qatar|
|Name of Post||Fire Protection Engineer|
|Salary||QAR 14,100.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Fire Protection Engineer Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
1 position available in Al Udeid, Qatar;
(60 hours per week)
The fire protection engineer will work as a part of a team that provides civil/structural, electrical, fire protection, and mechanical engineering services; architectural services; construction project monitoring and inspection services; to augment in-house capabilities for these service areas for the AFCENT PMO. The engineer shall support as needed, cradle to grave functions for base engineering requirements, requirements assessment, planning, project development, construction management, and project closeout. Other activities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze preliminary, interim, find project plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy.
- Review and provide general oversight on Host Nation funded project development work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, according to all laws, codes, guidelines, and criteria as required. Projects are related to a wide variety of facilities and infrastructure systems, including: earthwork; airfield and roadway pavement systems; high and low voltage electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); water and sewage (plumbing); fire suppression; control and alarm systems; etc. which interface with other engineering specialties.
- Interpret methods and approaches in developing project calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards.
- Review and provide general oversight on conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent project features, material, equipment, and specifications.
- Review and analyze preliminary and final project plans and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy.
- Coordinate all project phases with appropriate managers and staff elements, and shall maintain current engineering data for assigned projects.
- Coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines, operations personnel (e.g., Electric, Power Production, HVAC, Structures, Pavements and Equipment, and Utilities shops) and other entities to include Wing Safety, Force Protection, Security Forces, Communications, Fire Department, and Medical Group to ensure safety, constructability, operability, maintainability, and all project considerations have been addressed.
- Perform reviews of Host Nation funded engineering investigative services as requested by the AFCENT PMO. Investigations can include electrical power studies, water and waste water flow and system testing and analysis, and HVAC testing, among others.
- Monitor or assist in managing projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities and infrastructure utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering. Projects include work on roads, drainage systems, utility systems, installation utility plants, airfield runways, maintenance shops/hangars, recreation facilities, administrative offices, dormitories, etc.
- Review as-built drawings at the end of construction
- Monitor or assist in managing new projects for construction, renovations and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil/structural, mechanical and electrical engineering with no more than two (2) missed inspections, pre-construction surveys, surveys, or reviews per month.
- Maintain surveillance over construction contractors to ensure overall compliance with contracted specifications, schedules, approved drawings and statement of work.
- Assist in managing assigned projects and review specifications and schedules.
- Inspect construction for compliance and assist with resolution of differences between the Government and construction contractors.
- Efficiently use computers/computer software including Microsoft Office, computer aided design and drafting (CADD) programs (AutoCAD), and project tracking programs (Microsoft Project), GIS, and other engineering calculation software packages to solve engineering problems and facilitate work as needed.
- Perform work in construction management, installation development, and/or O&M functions. The Contractor shall monitor or assist in managing construction projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish, including the performance of pre-construction site surveys all the way to completion of as-built drawings.
- Comply with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and perform work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment. The Contractor shall ensure federal and local codes concerning health, safety, and environment to include DoD, Air Force engineering design guidance and standards such as UFC, AFIs (Series 32), Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC) laws, codes, guidelines, criteria, and standards in the design and construction of real property facilities.
- Assist in base master planning, community planning initiatives and assist the Chief of Portfolio Optimization by ensuring new project requirements comply with current and in-work Site Master Plan (SMP).
- Prepare necessary documents and presentations accurately and timely.
- Review and coordinate document preparation, implementation, and maintenance of the SMP.
- Maintain the SMP in a current status and implement changes as the mission directs.
- Review proposed facility siting locations and alternatives for compatibility with elements (e.g., noise, airfield and airspace criteria, explosives quantity distance criteria, aircraft accident potential, flood hazards, soil control, natural resources protection, etc.) and recommend approval/disapproval of waivers to assure SMP elements are adhered to.
- Maintain correspondence and map files on all information pertaining to site approvals, base comprehensive planning, and airfield criteria waivers.
- Effectively review all siting requests for compatibility with existing structures and the overall SMP and continually re-evaluate and update the plan to ensure currency based on changing requirements and data.
- Represent the AFCENT PMO in all areas of community planning at meetings, conferences, and hearings and regularly represent the PMO in discussions with other USAF units, other DoD service branches, and key host nation officials. The Contractor shall meet with all representatives to identify problems and potential impacts, and shall select a logical approach to problem solving, relying on accepted planning practices and precedents. The Contractor shall normally represent all base planning interests in an effective and professional manner and routinely communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Provide quality assurance of Host Nation executed surveying services and ensure integration of data from any source into the Geographic Information System (GIS)/AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 databases, as-built location surveys, construction stakeouts, topographic, location and boundary surveys as needed.
- Ensure all surveys/maps are tied to geodetic monuments set by the Government for both horizontal and vertical control and monitor Host Nation contractor and local documentation as required.
- Monitor and maintain Government Furnished Property (GFP) and notify the respective installation’s ECES designated representative or COR of needed factory/repair center level maintenance and calibration of any assigned equipment.
- Assist as a MILCON/Special Projects Liaison with US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) or other design and operating agencies as required. Contractor personnel shall work primarily with AFCENT PMO, 379 ECES engineers, 380 ECES engineers, AFCEC and USACE to identify and analyze problems and develop technical solutions. The Contractor shall also work with other respective AUAB and ADAB units to analyze problems and develop technical solutions as needed.
- Attend all meetings and inspections pertaining to assigned projects.
- Maintain all continuity from one (1) rotation to the next, ensuring continual process improvement.
- Degreed fire protection, mechanical, electrical, or other directly related engineer. Registration as a Fire Protection Engineer is preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years fire protection design experience
- Capable of providing fire protection design analysis services including determination of sprinkler and alarm systems, and equipment selection
- This discipline attends meetings as required for projects or investigative/project development tasks. This discipline shall also be responsible for reviewing host nation provided design submittals. The Contractor will also support construction inspections, and submittal reviews beyond the expertise of construction inspectors.
- Secret Security Clearance
- Valid Drivers License
- Fluently read, write, speak, and understand English
- Familiar with USAF planning and programming rules and documentation
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
To apply for this job please visit govcio.com.