Website Halian Qatar
Lead Data Governance
Halian Qatar Job Vacancy at Lead Data Governance in Qatar
Lead Data Governance Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Lead Data Governance has publish a notification on www.halian.com career page for the recruitment of Halian Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Halian Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Halian Qatar|
|Name of Post||Lead Data Governance|
|Salary||QAR 24,000.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Lead Data Governance Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Purpose of the Role:
Defines the data governance strategy for the organization. Leads the planning, evaluating, and selecting the
right data governance capabilities for the enterprise and helping Data staff to have the best skills, processes,
and technologies possible. Advisor to the leadership team on enterprise-wide data governance solutions and
• Manage enterprise data governance framework, strategy, and maturity
• Implement and maintain solutions to manage data governance
• Defines polices, standards and guidelines for data governance
• Budget management for operational costs and data investments
• Managing an annual budget of approx. USD $2M
• Managing 2 direct reports
• 2 service contracts
• Involves close working relations with all NOC Focal Points, Data Owners and Data Stewards
Manage enterprise data governance framework, strategy, and maturity
• Promote data governance to promote data access, quality, and analytical capability. Governance can include
a user training program, a data roles model, and data standards. Strives to reduce the cost of managing data
and increase the value of the data.
• Promote data literacy across NOC to upskill the organization on the value of data
• Measure enterprise data maturity and set yearly plans to improvement goals
• Represents the DM team and enterprise data stewards at leadership meetings. Develops and gives oral
presentations on the power and value of data. Leads and/or serves on steering committees and helps
leadership use its data effectively at these meetings. (i.e. Data Community, Data Council…etc)
• Applies expert knowledge and standards to analyze enterprise results and reports. Recommends and pursues
collaboration and provides appropriate technical guidance to ensure the success of such collaborations.
Interacts with business areas and IT on DM solutions.
Implement and maintain solutions to manage data governance
• Develops and maintains controls on data quality and sources to effectively manage risk associated with the
use of data and analytics, as well as measure data qualities per department
• Ensure the development of data quality rules and measurements on priority data as well as work with the
business focal point to improve the findings
• Lead the definition and maintenance of data and metadata catalogue, dictionaries, business user glossaries on
relative tools leverage Oil and Gas standard practices
• Evaluates business data challenges and propose solutions to overcome it
Defines polices, standards and guidelines for data governance
• Develop and maintain information management policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to the data
management company needs
• Lead the development and implementation of enterprise metadata standards, guidelines, and processes to
ensure quality metadata and support for ongoing data governance
• Ensures all policies, procedures, and guidelines are adhered to
• Govern and overlooks the data sources to ensure its alignment with policies and best practices of handling
• Aligns with the data operations to ensure it fulfils the data governance requirements
• Upskills developees on data governance and management
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
• Al Shaheen Oil Field (ALS) produces 300,000 bopd from several complex reservoirs through more than 400
wells and 38 platforms.
• New capital projects are continuously adding new platforms and wells to existing facilities, some of which
are already 25 years old.
• The operation of these facilities requires complex telecoms and control systems to sustain the desired high
availability and reliability.
• The company relies more and more on advanced Digital and Business solutions to extend its operations
beyond 2042, in the most cost-effective way.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Information Management or an engineering/business
• 10+ years of experience in Data Management (D/IM) for Oil and Gas Upstream/Downstream Operations and
Major Capital Projects.
• 5+ years of experience in a management/lead position working through the definition and implementations of
similar engineering information projects;
• Solid track record implementing scalable data technology stacks and designing fault tolerant interfaces to
• Have a deep theoretical understanding and practical experience in the Data Governance including Data
Management, Data Life Cycle and Data Stewardship
• Good understanding of the data solutions used for different Data and Information Management such as
Metadata management, Master data Management, Data Quality, etc…
• Experience in Project management and Stakeholder management
• Experience in different data integration methods
• Good understanding of Upstream and Downstream DIM requirements
• Good Knowledge of Database systems, EDMS solutions and BI Technologies
• Good Knowledge of Applications Architecture, Information Security Principles
• Fluent English both spoken and written
To apply for this job please visit halian.com.