Website HBKU Qatar
HBKU Qatar Job Vacancy at Scientific Director in Qatar
Scientific Director Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Scientific Director has publish a notification on www.hbku.edu.qa career page for the recruitment of HBKU Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of HBKU Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Name of Post
|QAR 35,000.00 per month.
Scientific Director Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
HBKU seeks applications for the position of Scientific Director of Cancer Research Center. The applicant will be responsible for providing overall leadership in research project management, infrastructure development, strategic planning and scientific investigation on Cancer Research.
- Develop a master plan and implementation approach for 5 years and 10 years and provide recommendations on the niche areas of cancer research for QBRI.
- Prepare and lead the implementation of the annual budget and business plan for the Cancer Research Center at QBRI to ensure achievement of its strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement project management activities, programs and initiatives for setting up the center’s infrastructure and laboratory facilities to ensure achievement of set project targets.
- Lead and develop a team of scientists and researchers to conceive new methods, demonstrate clinical feasibility. This is to help deliver new and relevant solutions to high priority areas in cancer research.
- Liaise with HBKU or other QF directorates on required support, budget and other project resources to
ensure timelines, quality and budget targets are met to deliver programme objectives.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the safe conduct, compliance and regulatory issues of scientific research in biomedical research.
- Develop research communication and multidisciplinary research programmes with synergies to on-going research to achieve an international standard for science and research activities.
- Provide support and advice to other researchers at the Cancer Research Center to ensure they achieve their research potential.
- Proactively develop collaborative relationships with existing research partners in Education City, other research Institutions, pharmaceutical partners, government officials and religious leaders to ensure Cancer Research Center’s input on research ethics, policy and local regulations.
- Establish relationships with international research institutions to perform independent assessment of the Cancer Research Center’s scientific research activities.
- Identify, recruit, develop and motivate a team of scientists to carry out research for approved programmes in accordance with the QBRI vision and mission.
- Oversee and/or actively participate in basic and applied research at the Cancer Research Center to ensure the Center achieves its mandate and capacity building programme targets.
- Conceptualize and undertake activities to seek and secure external funding for research activities to complement resources and funding by QF.
- Prepare progress reports to update QF-Research Division and cross functional teams on project and Center performance, activities, etc. and Identify and recommend improvements.
- Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- PhD degree in a relevant field of biomedical/life sciences.
- 15 years of relevant full time work experience, 5 of which In a senior research leadership position. Strong working knowledge of clinical, medical and biomedical research focusing on cancer.
- Proven and internationally recognised track record in managing research centers, with knowledge of research tools, procedures and protocols and technologies for biomedical research.
- Strategic thinking and ability to conceptualize ideas through detailed master plan.
- Project management experience with ability to manage budgets and implementing change.
- Process oriented and metrics driven in managing administrative functions.
- Strong leadership, people management, collaboration, team building and development skills.
- Philosophy and reputation for thriving in a highly diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to raise funds for research work and programmes.
- Superior knowledge in biomedical trends and research and development.
- Knowledge of FDA, other local and international regulations for biomedical devices, drug development and clinical studies.
To apply for this job please visit www.hbku.edu.qa.