Website Al Udeid Air Base Qatar
Fire Equipment Support Technician
IAP Worldwide Services Qatar Job Vacancy at Fire Equipment Support Technician in Qatar
Fire Equipment Support Technician Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Fire Equipment Support Technician has publish a notification on career page for the recruitment of IAP Worldwide Services Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of IAP Worldwide Services Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||IAP Worldwide Services Qatar|
|Name of Post||Fire Equipment Support Technician|
|Salary||QAR 5,090.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Fire Equipment Support Technician Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
As the Fire Equipment Support Technician you will inspect, repair, maintain and keep clean self-contained breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Units, Compressors, Cylinders, A-Level & B-Level Suites, J-Fire Masks and Hurst Hydraulic Power Packs.
Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Units (Every twelve months—plus or minus one month)
- Performs inspections, testing, maintenance and recertification of the Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and Mine Safety Appliance (MSA) units.
- Inventory all SCBA systems, locations and dates on supply and demand hoses, and assign each system a unique number.
- Visually check SCBA components (straps, lenses, and tubing) for excessive wear and tear; replace worn components.
- Perform functional check of SCBA unit (buckles actually buckle, regulators & warning devices activate, SCBA does not leak). Service the harness and backpack. Adjust the cylinder strap assembly and the cylinder bracket assembly. Service the hand-wheel mechanism and pressure gauge safety device.
- Perform Flow Test to ensure unit is performing to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Test Exhalation Valve and Speech Diaphragm and replace, if required. Record automatic positive pressure, opening pressure, positive pressure, relief valve pressure, by-pass function, and results of leakage test. Clean and service the positive pressure attachment, breathing valve housing assembly, valve insert with breathing hose and adjust breathing valve.
- Inspect, test, repair, clean, and re-certify SCBA units to include harness and backpack. Replace the manufacturer specified o- rings and the inlet filter in lung demand regulator annually. Test, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair high pressure breathing air compressors and valves. Replace other parts as needed.
- Test regulator for secondary pressure, sealing pressure, relief valve, warning pressure, function and sealing tightness. Record test results. Service the cylinder valve connection, pressure regulator mechanism, supply hose, high-pressure hose, pressure gauge, quick-coupling connection and warning whistle.
- Clean, adjust and fine-tune regulator unit.
- Install and maintain oxygen cascade systems.
- Inspect, repair, and rebuild flow control valves and safety valves.
- Conduct computerized functional testing of SCBAs.
Conduct visual Check—every three years, plus or minus two months. Perform a complete internal and external visual inspection prior to conducting hydrostatic test. Conduct video borescope to detect minor flaws not visible to naked eye. Perform a complete internal and external visual inspection after conducting hydrostatic test. Coordinate and track the dates of internal hydrostatic testing by an independent lab. Remove and disassemble cylinder valve, clean ultrasonically, and reassemble valve.
- Perform leak test of cylinder and repair any found leaks.
- Perform a complete internal and external visual inspection prior to conducting hydrostatic test.
- Coordinate and track the dates of internal hydrostatic testing.
- Perform hydrostatic MSA and Bauer Air Compressor cascade cylinder testing as required (every 5 years plus or minus two months).
- Performs a complete visual internal and external inspection prior to and after any hydrostatic testing as required to ensure that this task is performed as required (every 3 years).
- Perform inspections, testing, maintenance and recertification of all components of MAS Air Cart including batteries, full electronic testing of pressure sensitive alarms, all cylinders are visually inspected, repair outer jackets if found to be damaged, pressure gauges are test and refilled (glycol) if needed, all valves are operationally tested and serviced if worn.
Compressors (Every twelve months, plus or minus one month).
- Inspect, test, and perform maintenance of SCBA compressors and refill stations, storage trailers and gas boosters or decanting systems. Check pump oil level and inspect for oil leaks. Drain water in tank. Check for weird noise and vibration and make necessary repairs. Inspect connections for air leaks and repair all air leaks, and check safety relief valve. Inspect/tighten/ replace belts and checks and tighten all bolts.
- Service motor/engines. Check for evidence of overheating or lubrication leaks. Check for loose electrical and/or instrument wiring. Change oil and filter on engine. On belt driven units, check belts and change as necessary. Check for proper operational temperature.
- Service purification/drying systems. Pressurize and check for leaks. Check moisture drain, pressure gauges, and relief valves. Check discharge air/gas for proper flow rate. Change purification/drying cartridges.
- Service controls—check for proper operation. Check high temperature shutdown switch and automatic and/or mechanical start/stop switch. Check magnetic starter; clean points if necessary. Check low oil switch and final pressure switch. Inspect the start and stop times on the hour meter.
- Service air/gas storage system. Check system for leaks. Check relief and drain valves. Check regulator performance.
- Service charging station. Check all plumbing and fittings for leaks. Check gauges, shut-off valve, and regulator performance. Check condition and operation of intake hose and pre-filter.
- Service air monitoring equipment. Check for proper operation of Securus control indicator. Check for proper operation of Carbon Monoxide monitor.
- Sample carbon monoxide meters and take quarterly air samples.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.silkroad.com.