Website International Organization for Migration Qatar
IOM Qatar Job Vacancy at Programme Manager in Qatar
Programme Manager Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Programme Manager has publish a notification on www.iom.int career page for the recruitment of IOM Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of IOM Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Name of Post
|QAR 11,300.00-38,900.00 Per Month
Programme Manager Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Position Title : Programme Manager (Mental Health and Psychosocial
Duty Station : Doha, Qatar
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 27 July 2023
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage and oversee the implementation of the programme. Backstop the technical, financial
and operational aspects of the programme.
2. Manage and supervise the work and performance of the programme team (Mobile Teams,
Project Officers, Project Assistants, National coordinators, and consultants).
3. Oversee and provide advice for the management and implementation of activities of the IOM
programme and of local non-government organizations (NGOs) supported by the programme,
including the implementation of needs assessments, intervention protocols, direct assistance
provisions and education, in strict adherence to the project scope and activities as set forth in
the approved project proposals, and IOM Manual on CB MHPSS in Emergency and
4. Promote human rights and protection principles and standards or policies, ensuring that all
internal units, sectors and working groups fulfil their responsibilities in mainstreaming protection.
5. Ensure the coordination, implementation and monitoring of IOM programmes and activities.
Take action to ensure that identified protection needs, including an Age, Gender, and Diversity
(AGD) approach, are adequately addressed.
6. Ensure that systems for the proper coordination of working groups under IOM’s MHPSS and
Protection programme are in place (MHPSS working group, and others as per project scope).
7. Develop and ensure the implementation of capacity building activities of staff, mobile teams,
humanitarian actors, government officials and NGOs’ personnel, including designing curricula
and tools to monitor the quality of interventions including MHPSS/Protection strategy. Liaise with
academic national and international partners, when needed, including security forces.
8. Ensure and strengthen close coordination and liaison with governmental and
non-governmental counterparts (Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), US
Department of State, US Department of Defense, Government of Qatar, United Nations
Children’s Fund (UNICEF), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Qatar
Red Crescent Society, Qatar Charity, and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)).
9. Respond to information requests and develop further project proposals based on emerging
and identified needs in the psychosocial and protection domain in CAS, within and beyond the
emergency response as well as durable solutions.
10. Facilitate, in strict coordination with the Global MHPSS Section, Protection Section at IOM
Headquarters (HQs) and RO, the large-scale information sharing and publication of all the
projects in the unit.
11. Ensure proper documentation of every activity of the project including regular reporting to
the donor as required in the donor agreement.
12. Ensure donors visibility including focus on funding and budgetary aspects of the programme.
13. Ensure the consideration, integration and mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues related to
gender, children, and other vulnerable groups in the programme.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Psychology, Social, Anthropology Work or a related field from an accredited
academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in designing, managing psychosocial, protection and prevention of counter
trafficking support programmes in emergency and transition and recovery contexts;
• Experience in providing psychosocial support in emergency as well as in mainstreaming
psychosocial approach into the response to vulnerable population;
Page 2 / 5
• Experience in a complex humanitarian emergency or post-conflict environment.
• Experience in coordination, community-based approaches that are customized to address a
range of vulnerabilities across diverse groups to prevent main risk factors such as human
• Experience in clinical supervision of mental health professionals and social workers an asset;
• Participation to IOM corporate programme in Psychosocial Interventions in Emergency and
displacement will be considered an asset; and,
• Experience of working in the field and familiarity with the region will be advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in facilitating training and developing curricula;
• Proficient in MS Office applications and basic knowledge of SPSS;
• Knowledge of Protection principles and IOM policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of data driven approaches that guides collective action across local agencies and
institutions and the priorities of the response in the programme;
• Commitment to help persons of concern and willingness to cooperate with counterparts;
• Good analytical skills; and,
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic,
Pashto, and Dari is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,
which may include written and/or oral assessments.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.iom.int.