Website Jacobs Qatar
Jacobs Qatar Job Vacancy at Systems Administrator in Doha, Qatar. Systems Administrator Jobs 2022 in Doha, Qatar. Apply today before last date.
Jacobs Qatar Job Vacancy at Systems Administrator in Doha, Qatar
Systems Administrator Jobs 2022 in Doha, Qatar:- Systems Administrator has publish a notification on www. careers.jacobs.com. career page for the recruitment of Jacobs Qatar Post in Doha, Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Jacobs Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Systems Administrator|
|Name of Post||Jacobs Qatar|
|Job Location||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Reference Number||16656289|
Systems Administrator Jobs in Doha, Qatar 2022 Full Job Descripation
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Shift work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will primarily work 12 hours per day, 6 days per week on one of two daily shifts (days and evenings). It is important to be available to work any shift/designated hours required to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Systems Administrators perform admin level support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Systems Administrators must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s systems’ hardware and software. The position requirements vary depending on system complexity, the types of operating and network systems being supported, and the size of the organization. A background in the specific types of hardware and software systems used by the Government is required. Systems Administrators monitor and control one or more mid-range application servers. This position studies program operating instructions to determine equipment setup and operations. Systems Administrators continuously observes the operation of assigned applications and storage devices to monitor system operation and determines the point of hardware or software failure. This position manipulates systems in accordance with standard procedures to continue operations when individual units of a system malfunction. Systems Administrators confer with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations. Systems Administrators maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
Typical duties include:
- Installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Conducting server builds
- Complete troubleshooting issues related to Horizon VDI components
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment
- Provide Systems Administrator support to systems hosting complex operational databases, software configuration control, and system interfaces for computer systems
- Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Provide basic support of Identity Management roles, policies, hardware, software maintain AD/GAL synchronization
- Directory Services support, including DNS, GPO, AADC, ADFS, DFS, Domains and Trust, Sites and Services and Role Based Access Control
- Support Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) roles, policies, hardware, software and procedures needed to create, manage, distribute, use, store and revoke digital certificates and manage public-key encryption.
- Troubleshoot PKI-related server and client issues to include middle-ware applications and configurations.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
- Associate degree. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
- MCSA relevant to the candidate’s work area OR
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA) OR
- VMware Certified Technical Associate (VCTA) OR
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Associate relevant to work area OR
- MCSA Server 2012/2016 OR
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate OR
- MCSE relevant to the candidates work area OR
- AWS Sys Ops Administrator Associate OR
- Nutanix Certified Professional OR
- MCTS: SCCM
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience as a Systems Administrator or 8 years supporting complex end user desktop and mobile device support
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions.
- Employment may be in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Must meet and maintain CENTCOM physical requirements for deployment. Qualification standards are determined by CENTCOM.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Shift Work is required to support operations (to include nights and weekends). It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise (this includes: Contingency operations; Humanitarian or peacekeeping operations; or Other military operations or exercises designated by the Combatant Commander). This performance in support of U.S. military forces may require work in dangerous or austere conditions.
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work.
- Position requires at least 1-year commitment. Early termination or transfer from this position to a CONUS location may result in wage garnishments for relocation, travel and other expenses paid by the company.
- Extended Continental and Oversees travel will be required. May be required to attend off site meetings. Must obtain a current passport and applicable visa(s) prior to arrival in country. Must maintain a current passport and applicable visa’s in good standing.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of foreign national, government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards.
- Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jacobs.com.