Website Maersk Qatar
Maersk Qatar Job Vacancy at WHM Master in Qatar
WHM Master Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- WHM Master has publish a notification on www.maersk.com career page for the recruitment of Maersk Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Maersk Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Maersk Qatar|
|Name of Post||WHM Master|
|Salary||QAR 3,500.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
WHM Master Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
To command their vessels in accordance with National & International rules & regulations, and to conform to group, regional & local policies and procedures.
The safety of the crew and their vessel is the number one priority.
The Master is completely responsible for the day to day running and maintenance of his vessel. As such he is to ensure that his vessel is kept clean, safe, tidy & habitable always.
The Master shall strive to maintain a smooth flow and transition of necessary documentation that is required to be completed on a daily basis and forward all necessary paperwork to the Operations Office on a regular basis.
Master oversees everything and everyone aboard ship. He represents the company in every operation of the ship under his command.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Continuously review the on-board Safety Management System (SMS) reporting any deficiencies or improvement opportunities to the shore based HSSEQ Manager or Port Captain
- always Maintain the vessels interior to the highest housekeeping standards
- Galley and food storage areas/fridges to be clean and tidy always and no food waste left around to attract pests or vermin.
- Mess room is to be clean tidy and free of leftover food and waste.
- Crews cabin to be inspected on a weekly basis to ensure they are clean, tidy and habitable. Records of all inspections must be entered in the vessels deck log book
- Enforce company policy in regard to designated smoking areas.
- Ensure visitor records are maintained and where inductions are necessary complete records as per company policy manual
- always Ensure safe means of access to and from the vessel whilst in port and offshore.
- Maintain and plan all towing gear maintenance in regard to towing wires or hawser change-out, utilise the assistance of another vessel in port to spool wires if necessary, after plan is ready and PERMIT TO WORK completed to proceed notify Port Captain of your intention
- To ensure the watertight integrity of his vessel whilst underway and ship handling.
- To ensure his crew adhere to the correct PPE requirements as shown on the published table
- Display initiative for proper and timely action on all the above.
- Master has a full authority to make decisions to preserve life & safety of the ship’s personnel. The safety of the crew and their vessel is the number one priority.
- Ensure that all ships charts, documents, certification are up to date and compliant with the Flag state regulation requirements;
- Make sure that all safety equipment s-lifeboats, life rafts, water tight doors, sprinkles, etc., are in proper working condition;
MASTERS OVERRIDING AUTHORITY:
The Master whilst on board and in-command has the over-riding authority to make decisions with respect to safety of lives at sea & pollution prevention and to call upon any shore-based Port Captain, Port Engineer or Fleet Manager as may be necessary to request assistance.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Recognized Certificate of Competency (COC) from an acceptable flag state, training college or Marine Regulatory body
- Class-IV minimum qualification (below 500GRT- Near Coastal Voyages)
- Minimum compliance for STCW, regulation II/3
- GMDSS Certificate
- General Operators Certificate (GOC)
- Recognised Marine Medical Certificate
- Basic Safety Training
- Fire Prevention Fire Fighting
- Advanced Fire Fighting
- Elementary First Aid
- Personal Safety Social Responsibility
- Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boat
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/TRAINING: (Basis CPT Matrix)
- Bridge resource Management
- Security Awareness
- Management Basic English
- Basic Computer
- Basic People Management
- Basic Administration Skills
- Basic Training Incident
- Tug Simulator
- Svitzer Safety Course
- Other required training as mentioned in 03-066R SCTPM section 2 & 3.
Building a Diverse Workplace
In Svitzer we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams
To apply for this job please visit www.maersk.com.