Website Qatar Museum
Qatar Museum Job Vacancy at Collections Coordinator in Qatar
Collections Coordinator Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Collections Coordinator has publish a notification on career page for the recruitment of Qatar Museum Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Qatar Museum can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Qatar Museum|
|Name of Post||Collections Coordinator|
|Salary||QAR 10,500.00 Per Month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Collections Coordinator Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Collection Coordinator supports the General Collection team in physically processing collection objects; organizing assigned materials; physically numbering collection objects; completing catalog records in the EMu database; rehousing materials and stabilizing them for long term storage; photographing collection objects; updating and inventorying storage locations.
• Oversee the correct use and compilation of Entry, Exit, Transfer of Title, and Loan forms.
• Keep an accurate and up to date computerised record of objects, their location and movement, using QM Collection Management System (CMS).
• Undertake backlog documentation tasks and research into the collection, its digitization and photography.
• Coordinate and support volunteers and interns as they assist with documentation and cataloguing tasks, verify data entry and support volunteer teams concerned with collection management and recording, digitisation, and exhibition development.
• Assist with maximising access to the collection for internal audiences and answer general enquiries.
(Including photographic enquiries). Maintain high standards of interdepartmental communication.
• Assist the Curatorial and Research Team with documentation for exhibitions and displays and potentially the displays themselves.
• Support the objectives of the General Collection Digital Strategy.
• Create digital resources including images which can be added to the CMS as well as uploaded to the
Necessary knowledge to be able to do the job
- Knowledge of the detailed workflow in preventative care, in particular packing and movement of collection.
- Working knowledge of KeEMu.
- Working knowledge of online collection management systems.
- Knowledge in Art History, Museum Practices.
- Familiar with contracts.
- Familiar with ICOM code of ethics.
- Computer skills Microsoft Office 2010-2013.
- Basic computer skills to use Collection Management System (artwork database).
- English essential, Arabic is a plus.
- Communication skills.
- Apply strict finance & legal procedures.
Education, Experience, and certification requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Art History, Museum studies or related field.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qm.org.qa.