Website Qatar University
Assistant Professor in Print/Online Journalism
Qatar University Job Vacancy at Assistant Professor in Print/Online Journalism in Qatar
Assistant Professor in Print/Online Journalism Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Assistant Professor in Print/Online Journalism has publish a notification on www.qu.edu.qa career page for the recruitment of Qatar University Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Qatar University can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Qatar University|
|Name of Post||Assistant Professor in Print/Online Journalism|
|Salary||QAR 3,24,000.00 per year|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Assistant Professor in Print/Online Journalism Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
The Department of Mass Communication at Qatar University, one of very few departments in the world internationally accredited by ACEJMC outside of the USA, offers a Bachelor of Arts program with three areas of specialization: Print/Online Journalism, Strategic Communication, and Broadcast Journalism.
The Department of Mass Communication at Qatar University invites applications for Assistant Professor in Print/Online Journalism.
The department of Mass Communication is seeking dynamic individuals who can provide expertise and leadership in the areas of print/online journalism, media writing, news reporting, writing and editing, newspaper design and editing, investigative journalism, data journalism, mobile journalism, online journalism, communication and media research methods, photojournalism, web design and publishing, and visual communication. We seek candidates with innovative ideas who will be able to teach and help foster a potentially thriving print/online journalism program. Candidates must be qualified and experienced in teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels in Arabic.
The successful candidate is expected to have professional experience in the journalism field and should be familiar with the newsroom and news production process. The successful candidate should be familiar with Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Express, Substance 3D Modeler, Animate), image and video authenticate software, content management systems (Wix, WordPress, Joomla), and news publishing platforms (iNews). The successful candidate should also be able to teach in Arabic. English proficiency is highly desirable. The position also requires the successful applicant to be and course development, serve on department, college, and university-wide committees, conduct scholarly activities including research and/or creative endeavors, and be involved in department, faculty and student activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
A Ph.D. is required with relevant professional experience. An MA holder with considerable professional experience in Print/Online Journalism may be considered for a lecturer position. Candidates for this position should have a record of previous high-quality teaching experience as well as professional experience and/or scholarly/creative activities in the area of emphasis. Candidates are expected to be effective teacher-scholars, to teach in both the undergraduate and graduate programs, and to be involved in outreach efforts to the community.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the ability to participate in the department’s interdisciplinary teaching, research, and creative activities in addition to their specific areas of specialization.
Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Teach courses in area of specialization.
2. Contribute to various committees at the Department, College, and University levels
3. Contribute to the research profile of the College through research and creative endeavors.
4. Serve as student advisor.
5. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department.
1. Ph. D. in the relevant area of emphasis
2. Strong peer reviewed publication record
3. Teaching experience at tertiary level
4. Familiarity with educational technology.
5. Familiarity with software and applications of verifying pictures and videos, audience analysis, programs of managing publishing on social media networks, and other applications related to online publishing.
6. Willingness to work with teams .
7. Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills (Arabic and English).
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Scholarly literature link on Google Scholar
4. ORCID number
5. Number of papers published in first-level journals, Q1, during the past five years.
6. Number of papers published in second-level journals, Q2, during the past five years.
7. Number of papers published in third-level journals, Q3, during the past five years.
8.Number of papers published in non-indexed journals.
9. Number of published books.
10. Number of published book chapters.
11. Number of graduate students supervised by the applicant, and the supervisory role (main supervisor / co-supervisor / committee member).
13. Grants / role / amount.
14. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
15. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
16. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
17. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qu.edu.qa.