Website Sherborne Qatar
Teacher of Secondary
Sherborne Qatar Job Vacancy at Teacher of Secondary in Qatar
Teacher of Secondary Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Teacher of Secondary has publish a notification on www.alnasr.lisdoha.com career page for the recruitment of Sherborne Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Sherborne Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Sherborne Qatar|
|Name of Post||Teacher of Secondary|
|Salary||QAR 8,000.00-14,500.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Teacher of Secondary Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Teacher of Secondary ICT/ IT and Business
Please note this position is available only for FEMALE candidates. NQT are accepted.
Due to expansion we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated, UK qualified, Secondary School ICT/ IT and Business Studies Teacher.
The Secondary section of the school opened in September 2021 (for Years 7 to 10), so the department is still in its infancy. There will be two other teachers in the department, one who teaches ICT and one who teaches Computer Studies and Business Studies. We are in the process of designing and building our curriculum, so it matches the skills requirements of the I/GCSE and AS Level qualifications and our aim and vision for the school.
This is a fantastic opportunity for teachers to gain experience in one of the premier independent British Curriculum schools in the Middle East. This position is also a great opportunity for experienced teachers to advance, as there are opportunities for future career progression as the school grows towards full capacity (which it is intended to reach over the next two years).
We are a Microsoft School and all pupils bring their own Microsoft Surface Pro devices to school. We are also aiming to be a Microsoft Showcase School within the next year or two.
Successful applicants must have:
- A certified UK teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, or PGCE.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, ICT, Computer Studies or Business Studies.
- Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of teaching the British National Curriculum in Key Stages 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5.
- Recent experience teaching two of the following: i/GCSE and AS/A Level ICT, IT, Computer Studies and Business Studies (preferably with either Cambridge or Pearson International Examinations)
- A desire to help build a thriving department in a new girls’ school.
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of how to differentiate teaching materials so that all pupils have an opportunity to access the curriculum.
- A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school
- Experience of teaching pupils with English as an Additional Language or English as a Second Language
- Experience of integrating technology into secondary teaching
- Experience or an understanding of how STEM education can be integrated into the secondary ICT / Computer Science / Business Studies curriculum
- Recent UK experience and previous international teaching experience.
As a teacher at Sherborne Qatar you will:
- Promote our mission and values.
- Have the ability to generate amongst the pupils, an excitement about learning.
- Have a sense of humour and be a team player.
- Be resilient, flexible and open minded
- Be committed to helping us grow and develop a productive, effective, happy school.
- Be emotionally intelligent.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach a range of interesting and hardworking pupils.
- An excellent working environment in a brand new, state-of-the-art school
- The opportunity to get involved in an extensive enrichment programme.
- An attractive tax-free salary, with additional benefits.
- A good work / life balance.
- Strong links to Sherborne Dorset, one of the oldest and most distinguished independent schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff must share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please complete the TES online application form (Quick Apply) and upload a covering letter of application (no more than two A4 sheets) addressed to the Headmistress, Mrs Jane Goldsack explaining why you wish to apply for the post and what skills and qualities you can bring. If you would like to be considered for further career opportunities, please express your interest in, and suitability for the Head of Department position. Please ensure you read the Candidate Brief in full.
Completed applications should be submitted no later than Tuesday 30th May 2023.
Interviews will take place up to and immediately following Tuesday 30th May 2023 and we reserve the right to make an early appointment. Candidates are encouraged to apply early to secure their role.
Please note that we only accept applications via TES and do not accept CVs.
Successful applicants will be required to travel to Qatar in mid-August 2023 for induction training.
For further information regarding Sherborne Qatar Schools for Girls, please click on “Learn more about this school” below and visit www.sherborneqatar.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.tes.com.