Website Sidra Hospital Qatar
Research Specialist I – Lab Tech
Sidra Hospital Qatar Job Vacancy at Research Specialist I – Lab Tech in Qatar
Research Specialist I – Lab Tech Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Research Specialist I – Lab Tech has publish a notification on www.sidra.org career page for the recruitment of Sidra Hospital Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Sidra Hospital Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Sidra Hospital Qatar|
|Name of Post||Research Specialist I – Lab Tech|
|Salary||QAR 15,000.00 per Month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Research Specialist I – Lab Tech Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
The Research Specialist I – Phenotyping Unit, Lab. Tech. at the Advanced Cell Therapy Core (ACTC) at Sidra Medicine performs all the activities required in the position, and should be eligible and hold QCHP license. The incumbent executes under senior supervision laboratory tests necessary for research and clinical activities in the ACTC. Performs routine and moderately complex scientific laboratory technical work, selecting and applying laboratory procedures and techniques to assignments with clear, specific objectives. Assignments may require investigation of a number of variables and complex features. S/he works with general supervision. The incumbent is required to exercise judgment in making technical decisions related to delegated tasks and escalating complex issues. The incumbent supports the team in Clean Room activities and in Good Manufacturing Practice operations for cell therapy and gene therapy products for clinical and research based on Good Laboratory Practice; in the development and validation of simple and moderately complex laboratory procedures for the manufacturing of cell and gene therapy products. The incumbent observes and maintains a high standard of laboratory health, safety procedures; works based to the institutional, departmental and ACTC’s regulations/values/policies/procedures/instructions/protocols/designs and current professional standards and guidelines. Follows MoPH, professional, certification and accreditation bodies requirements.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
Clinical activities performed:
- Peripheral blood and other tissues processing.
- Clinical assays.
- All necessary clinical grade testing for product quality control and quality control equipment used for the purpose.
- Clinical activity varies based on projects, the time spent in clinical related tasks is 40% or more.
Research activities performed:
- Basic and complex research activities in addition to the above clinical activities.
- Other basic and complex research activities related to biomedical science.
Note: the incumbent does not interact directly with the patient.
In line with the activities briefly described above, s/he will be also accountable for the following:
- Contributes to the delivery of departmental goals, through personal effort in own work area.
- Actively participates and responsibly performs the technical activities, pre-analytical, and analytical work in the labs: R&D, production and testing. Under senior supervision designs, validates new methods and testing and clinical assays.
- Defines long term, medium and short term priorities and in daily work plan in accordance with the line manager reporting also outcomes, success and issues.
- Initiates, performs, reviews and troubleshoots quality control of reagents and test systems.
- Ensures and validates pre-existing assays for laboratory.
- Ensures assays comply with current regulations in Qatar or/and with international ones.
- Liaises with manager and ACTC colleagues on production and outcomes, on appropriateness of tests and results.
- Maintains, monitors, records and reports tests results.
- Collaboratively maintains laboratory information system (e.g. LIMS/ELN).
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level in assigned areas; anticipating needed supplies; and if requested placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures that any difficulties or problems affecting service provision are reported promptly to colleagues, senior staff and line manager.
- Understands and adheres to process improvement principles and processes, for example, following standard work and maintaining a robust inventory concept in work area realizing that all processes are driven by the needs of the customer.
- Participates actively in ACTC meetings and if required in Quality Systems development/ improvement.
- Proposes changes to SOPs, relating to duties/ accountabilities, and under the instruction from the line manager drafts new versions or produces new operating procedures as addressed.
- Responsible for maintaining competencies required in ACTC and performs in accordance with laboratory and Sidra policy to provide accurate lab activities.
- Operates and maintains complex and basic instruments and equipment used in the laboratory, and properly sets up, calibrates, maintains, operates and shuts down such instruments (as needed);
- Maintains competence in Laboratory Information System that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care.
- Operates and performs daily preventive maintenance of equipment according to written procedures and documents, reports equipment malfunctions and requests service as necessary.
- Participates in research and development as directed.
- Maintains competence in Laboratory Information System and in Laboratory Management System that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets customer needs.
- Maintains policies and procedures for adherence to the current professional standards.
- Works with quality representative to develop systems to deliver quality services which satisfy Quality standards requirements.
- Accomplishes all the organizational mandatory requirements (i.e. Learning and Development requirements, use of PPE, etc.)
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra’s Values
In view of the evolving needs and opportunities within Sidra, this position may be required to perform other duties as assigned and reporting relationships may vary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS – SELECTION CRITERIA
ESSENTIAL – Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Sciences/ Clinical Laboratories or other relevant program.
ESSENTIAL – 3+ years’ experience in a research laboratory environment including:
- Experience in cell cultures
- Experience in flow cytometry procedures
- Experience in molecular biology procedures
- Experience in Elisa and protein detection
Certification and Licensure
ESSENTIAL – Eligibility for Licensure in the State of Qatar
PREFERRED – License recognized in Qatar, EU, US or Canada.
Job Specific Skills and Abilities
- Cell culture of primary blood cells, as lymphocytes
- Molecular biology procedures, as nucleic acids extraction, PCR, RT-PCR
- Flow cytometry stainings and basic data analysis
- Elisa and protein detection / functional assays
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Openness to teach and interact with other staff members.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in bacterial cloning
- Flow cytometry acquisition of samples
To apply for this job please visit fa-epxn-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.