Website Smiths Detection Qatar
Senior Applications Engineer
Smiths Detection Qatar Job Vacancy at Senior Applications Engineer in Qatar
Senior Applications Engineer Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Senior Applications Engineer has publish a notification on www.smithsdetection.com career page for the recruitment of Smiths Detection Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Smiths Detection Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Smiths Detection Qatar|
|Name of Post||Senior Applications Engineer|
|Salary||QAR 23,000.00 a month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Senior Applications Engineer Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Senior Applications Engineer
The Senior Applications Engineer works within the Regional Engineering team, reporting to the Engineering Manager MEA. Guiding less experienced Engineers where appropriate, they take responsibility for the day-to-day technical support to the region. This includes product selection and specification, troubleshooting, failure diagnosis and will involve working directly with internal and external suppliers and customers, as well as managing workflow within the department and reporting on department performance metrics.
- Leadership / supervision of engineering team, including:
- engendering team spirit, culture of continuous improvement etc.
- management of team workflow / deployment / delegation, including reporting of departmental workload, forecasting of job lead-times etc. to meet customer and departmental objectives
- Review / processing / delegation of application requests
- Following standard techniques and procedures, selection / application of standard or special products to meet customers’ needs, including seals, fluid control products, couplings and filters
- Creating new or updating existing standards to control the application of products, and engineering procedures
- Generation of engineering proposals / specifications for standard or special products, including determining cost-effective materials for production
- Seal calculations (including leakage calculations, heat generation, balance temp, flow rates etc.); fluid control calculations as required; couplings calculations as required; other engineering calculations as required
- Produce complete and informative Drawing Office requests and provide applications guidance to CAD Engineers to complete layout (GA) and detail drawings
- Field troubleshooting, including analysis of problems / recommendation & implementation of appropriate solutions, meeting with customers in plant or at customer’s site to resolve satisfactorily
- Detailed failure analysis activities, including full investigation / reporting / resolution with customer with necessary commercial awareness
- Approve / reject purchase or manufacture of fabricated parts not to drawing specification
- High level technical presentations to customers at management level in order to support sales
- Delivering detailed technical training externally to customers as required
- Manage and report personal workload, forecast job lead-times to meet customer and departmental objectives
- Raise / process / approve Engineering Change Notice (ECN) requests
- Provide day-to-day technical support to Regional Sales and Service and the Projects team
- Visit customer sites for technical measurement, seal installation and commissioning
- Work closely with sales team and report any retrofit or upgrade opportunity
- Work in line with John Crane standards, procedures and policies
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Professional experience in engineering and sales
- Experience working in refinery rotating equipment/maintenance
- Engineering knowledge in a proactive multinational and multicultural environment
- Ability to carry out failure analysis
- Fair knowledge and use of measuring instrument
- Persistent and efficient, self-starter with good sense of initiative
- Knowledge of CAD
- A strong technical knowledge of John Crane product portfolio
- Languages: English. Speaking in Arabic is an advantage
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
To apply for this job please visit johncranejobs.net.