Website Standard Chartered Qatar
Relationship Manager, FI
Standard Chartered Qatar Job Vacancy at Relationship Manager, FI in Qatar
Relationship Manager, FI Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Relationship Manager, FI has publish a notification on www.sc.com career page for the recruitment of Standard Chartered Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Standard Chartered Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Standard Chartered Qatar|
|Name of Post||Relationship Manager, FI|
|Salary||QAR 32,000.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Relationship Manager, FI Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
The Role Responsibilities
- The RM is responsible to fully support bank initiatives across the Senior RM (“SRM”) client portfolio in collaboration with various stakeholders in the bank and within the global strategy set by the Global Head of BBD/PSDO/SIG, including Account Planning. They are also responsible for assisting with the strategy setting for the SRM and their own accounts: accountable for the overall client group revenues, profitability and risk associated and introduced with the products and services offered and sold to Clients.
- As first line defence for the bank’s risk management, the RM is responsible for the risk assessment and acceptance of financial crime and credit risk set by the periodic review cycle of the client as well as ongoing monitoring of the clients’ activities as set by the relevant policies (including Global Bank Underwriting Standards and Correspondent Banking Risk Appetite).
- If the is RM acting as GAM, they are responsible for Account Plans, establishing and maintaining data integrity and quality with an end-to-end understanding of the client group structure, client needs and developing the client relationship. As a GAM, RMs define and agree on the relationship strategy with product partners, and RAM/FAM RMs (as applicable) for the client and drive global execution.
- If the RM is acting as a RAM or FAM, they need to develop local strategies, in-keeping with the GAMs Account Plan and execute accordingly.
- RMs support SRM’s to identify and act on opportunities by working closely with the global coverage team (FAMs/RAMs/GAMs) and product partners to ensure execution of Account plans.
- As a representative of Standard Chartered, the RM must be a champion for our brand and must exemplify our culture & conduct standards in every interaction, both with internal and external audience.
- Assist with the origination and client relationship management for a portfolio of FI Clients alongside the SRM, including supporting overall client strategy and account plan within the directive of the regional lead and aligned with SCB priorities, and global segment priority specifically.
- Assist in driving cross bank collaborations with other team leads, RMs, client managers and product partners to deliver on client strategy and the budget through consistent sales discipline and execution. Create long term value for the bank with strong risk-return focus and maximize returns within risk appetite set.
- Holistic and well-designed solutions across our full range of products to clients
- Overall client profitability, pipeline in particular the cross-sell commitments made as part of the Account Planning and deal approval processes
- Deepen and broaden our client relationship in line with our risk appetite and opportunity size, with focus on diverse products and solutions for clients, with emphasis on those delivering non-funded revenue (“NFR”)
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the clients’ activities, needs and the industries / markets in which they operate to protect the bank’s interest around risk and compliance, and gain client share of mind through thought leadership. and leverage existing relationship established by the GAM/other seniors with the clients’ high level (‘c’ suite) and senior executives within client organizations and any insights obtained to protect the bank through effective risk and compliance ownership, and to gain client share of mind through thought leadership.
- Improve efficiency, productivity, and service quality: owning the end-to-end client experience and focus on efficient client base that aligns with the values, risk appetite, and financial aspirations of SCB.
- Invest in self and team: comprehensive development and succession planning, maintain the bank’s global standards through participation in knowledge and diversity initiatives. Lead by example to instil risk awareness, risk-return discipline, and reinforcing the bank’s valued behaviours as part of the team’s culture through daily interactions. Develop junior team members through on the job coaching and structured training plan.
- Demonstrate risk ownership as the bank’s first line of defence through compliance to the letter and spirit of the bank policies and procedures and relevant regulatory development. Effectively support the governance and oversight controls established to maintain high standard of compliance. Maintain a strong working relationship with Credit, Legal and Compliance and other key stakeholders
- Support the establishment of SCB as a leader in fintech and innovation.
- Assist the development and implementation of the client strategy for the SRM client portfolio and their designated FI portfolio and aligning this within the Bank’s established framework (account plan, priorities, valued behaviour)
- Enhance thought leadership position with clients by engaging them in various SCB initiatives
- Execute client marketing plan through engagement in their areas of interest
- Map out buying centres and identify new ones
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk
- The plan set should be within the global BBD strategy framework, which includes global customer value proposition that is aligned to the overall strategic direction of the Group.
Support the SRM, and guide CM’s/CA’s to:
- Achieve the FI performance target relating to revenue and costs, including meeting the long-term economic revenue goals and RWA targets after evaluating the constant trade-offs between new business, risk and capital deployment
- Focus the team approach to identify client needs and their buying centres across full set of SCB product capabilities, originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (e.g. Network etc) and manage a deep pipeline with robust account plans that are reviewed regularly with leadership team, product partners and clients.
- Critically review clients and prospects based on their alignment to SCB standards around risk tolerance, fit with footprint, business potential, values and market perception to ensure we are banking the right clients. Selectively develop new relationships where required and actively manage the tail accounts either to uplift or exit.
- Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from ‘transactional’ reactive client coverage to consistent value added trusted/ partner status. Anticipate clients’ needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level with the clients in the designated portfolio
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered at the highest levels within region and internationally.
- Contribute to strategic thought and vision as to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie. Collaborate across the Banks and Broker Dealers team to replicate product delivery success from client to client.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed personally and within the team
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the industries in which our clients operate. Build institutional knowledge in disruptive technologies including AI, Machine Learning, RPA, Crypto currencies, Agile etc. Build knowledge on the bank’s initiatives in this space and actively engage clients in these discussions.
- Identify and manage any client conflicts and complaints in an open and clear way to build long term client relationships and to treat clients fairly, with adequate oversight, resolutions, and root cause analysis as well as escalation of issues as appropriate
- Proactively assist in managing the SRM client portfolio and own designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders e.g. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance, Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed
- The team is suitably trained with respect to an understanding of the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute and, where possible, influencing policy formulation
- Key risks and concerns (regulatory, financial crime, credit, reputational, ethical, operational etc) within the portfolio are raised into the relevant governance framework and communicated centrally through the matrix as appropriate.
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with CIB/GB standards i.e. Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tones and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks. Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge on regulatory developments and required standards for compliance within the team.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Provide feedback into objectives and performance of broader coverage team on the clients covered, including RAMs, FAMs, industry and product partners.
- As first line of risk, own and manage the risks within the business and identify, monitor and escalate risks and issues to Second Line and the Senior Management.
- Understand our client normal behaviour by leveraging all tools and information available and understand the regulation, economic and risk environment for countries which the client operates.
- Coach and manage the team in these matters and ensure they are adequately trained and aware of various risks (regulatory, financial crime, credit, reputational, ethical, operational etc) taken within the portfolio.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct and develop a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among team members.
- Take the initiative in keeping up to date knowledge regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, and provide proactive advice to clients as identified
- Ensure that key risk issues and concerns are managed and remediated holistically with relevant risk stakeholders, with adequate escalation to Regional / Country Banking Heads and Group/governance committees and centrally through the BBD matrix, as appropriate
- Set the CIB standard for CDD and Credit documentation leveraging insights tools and customer knowledge.
- Engage in the effective operation of governance and oversight controls by establishing the highest standards of engagement with the relevant committees RCAF/GCAF, RCBOG/CBOC (as applicable), representing FI/Banks business interests.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Assist the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Central Bank Kuwait / Qatar prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- Engage with product partners within the region and globally to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening the client relationship.
- Work with Bankers/Assistant Relationship Managers to ensure talent development throughout the team.
- Consult with senior stakeholders in Risk and Legal & Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- First point of contact with clients, acting as a trusted/value added partner to client stakeholders.
- Peers in the Corporate Banking sector
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 5 plus years’ experience in banking or another relevant environment
- Correspondent Banking learning’s; specialized due diligence, sanctions, ICA
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
Role Specific Competencies
- Manage Conduct
- Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Manage People
- Business – Strategy and Model
- Business – Market Knowledge
- Business – Products and Processes
- Financial – Balance Sheet Management
- Sales – Prospecting
- Sales – Account Planning
- Sales – Client Pitching
- Sales – Relationship Management
To apply for this job please visit scb.taleo.net.