Website Texas A&M University
Technical Laboratory Coordinator
Texas A&M University Qatar Job Vacancy at Technical Laboratory Coordinator in Qatar
Technical Laboratory Coordinator Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Technical Laboratory Coordinator has publish a notification on www.tamu.edu career page for the recruitment of Texas A&M University Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Texas A&M University Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Texas A&M University Qatar|
|Name of Post||Technical Laboratory Coordinator|
|Salary||QAR 5,007.00 per Month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Technical Laboratory Coordinator Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment by promoting a culture that respects all perspectives, talents & identities. Embracing varying opinions and perspectives strengthens our core values which are: Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Loyalty, Integrity, and Selfless Service.
Who we are
The Texas A&M University at Qatar campus mission is to educate exemplary engineers and develop world-class leaders through internationally recognized undergraduate and graduate degree programs. We strive to generate new knowledge and intellectual capital through innovative research and collaborative partnerships that yield sustainable impact and advance the development goals of the State of Qatar and the region through expertise and engagement that expand human capital.
What we want
The Technical Laboratory Coordinator in the Petroleum Engineering department is responsible for teaching in the labs with computational and modeling components, coordinate teaching assignments for labs, oversee procurement of laboratory equipment, supplies, inventory control, the maintenance of laboratory facilities and Supervising students during their lab work. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary is commensurate with experience. A cover letter and resume will assist us in our review of your application materials. These can be uploaded on the application under CV/Resume.
This position is NOT located in the United States. One must be willing to relocate to Doha, Qatar.
In addition to the benefits offered by Texas A&M University, Texas A&M at Qatar provides full-time employees with a robust package of incentives, allowances, and benefits based on employees’ experience, title, and family situation. Faculty and staff receive either furnished housing or a monthly housing allowance, as well as a monthly transportation allowance and an annual allowance to cover the cost of travel to their home country. Texas A&M at Qatar also covers private school tuition for Pre-K through Grade 12 for up to 4 child dependents, or provides an allowance for home schooling. All faculty members and staff members with 5 or more years of A&M System experience in Texas receive a significant salary premium that enhances their TRS annuity or ORP account value. Texas A&M at Qatar provides local insurance coverage and tax preparation services at no cost to employees; additional types of leave that ease the burden of traveling to one’s home country; and reimbursements for compassionate travel. Texas A&M at Qatar also coordinates and pays for the relocation and repatriation of employees and their families, and provides cash allowances for both. For more information about these and other incentives, allowances, and benefits, please contact [email protected]
Furthermore, see a video about life at Texas A&M University at Qatar at https://www.qatar.tamu.edu/i-am/faculty-and-staff..
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Three years of related experience in laboratory operations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Programming: strong/demonstrable background in coding (esp. Python), ideally with experience in numerical computing, data science, and analytics
- Software: competence in E&P industry standard software (esp. Petrel, Eclipse, Techlog)
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering or related field at a minimum
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Industry and/or teaching experience is strongly preferred
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Petroleum Engineering related experimental background is an advantage
- Laboratory Oversight and Classes – Coordinates and oversees the daily operational activities of a laboratory. Make sure all lab-required software is working before the session. Oversees procurement of laboratory equipment and supplies. Ensures adherence to lab standards and practices. Prepares the lab before the session. Oversees the maintenance of laboratory facilities, equipment, and instrumentation and arranges for repairs. Evaluates existing laboratory facilities and recommends improvements. Supports the instructors of three courses in the labs of the courses each semester. Supervises students during their lab work. Develops and maintains standard operating procedures for the laboratory.
- Grading – Grades lab assignments and lab quizzes, as well as homework assignments and class quizzes. Scans and upload the graded student work to the ABET folders of the courses.
- ABET coordinator support – Checks the ABET folders of the courses and make sure they are complete with all the required files by the end of each semester. Follows up with faculty to complete their ABET courses’ folders if they are not complete. Reviews the assessment files submitted by faculty members for their courses. Provides a detailed review of all the ABET courses’ folders to the ABET Coordinator. Helps the ABET coordinator in preparing the required materials for the Program ABET Review.
- Coordinating PETE academic software – Will be the main contact point in the PETE program for the IT to: Collect and update the required academic software from faculty members and update the list on the system and renew software licenses. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.