Website The Hamilton International School Qatar
The Hamilton International School Qatar Job Vacancy at Facilities Manager in Doha, Qatar. Facilities Manager Jobs 2022 in Doha, Qatar. Apply today before last date.
The Hamilton International School Qatar Job Vacancy at Facilities Manager in Doha, Qatar
Facilities Manager Jobs 2022 in Doha, Qatar:- Facilities Manager has publish a notification on www. careers.internationalschoolspartnership.com. career page for the recruitment of The Hamilton International School Qatar Post in Doha, Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of The Hamilton International School Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Facilities Manager|
|Name of Post||The Hamilton International School Qatar|
|Job Location||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Reference Number||10705970|
Facilities Manager Jobs in Doha, Qatar 2022 Full Job Descripation
ISP Facilities Manager Role Profile
Purpose of Role
The main purpose of the Facilities and Health & Safety (H & S) Manager is to maintain the school facilities and accommodation, manage school transport, supervise school campus cleaning and coordinate the information, monitoring and implementation of the school Health and Safety policy and reporting. It is also to ensure that the school complies with the requirements of legislation and to act as the school’s Health and Safety Officer. Facilities and Health & Safety (H & S) Manager oversees the budget and must negotiate with outside vendors for supplies, repairs and other measures.
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Facilities Manager Key Responsibilities
School & School Accommodation Overall Maintenance Management
- In charge for all school and school accommodation maintenance
- Ensure all request for maintenance are completed
- Procedure is established for maintain a track of all maintenance work accomplished
- Technical and logistic support for whole school
- Mentoring support for pupils at risk of becoming disengaged with school
- Developing a litter free site and local environment
- Developing a recycling-based working environment
- To be able to undertake maintenance duties as required improving and supporting the safe and effective operation of the site
- To work with the Site Team during school holidays in support of a ‘Program of Works’ – including organizing, decorating and arranging the school setup
- Ensuring all maintenance contracts are recorded and tracked
Site based Health and Safety Risk Assessments and Compliance
- To undertake and review at least annually, all site-based Health and Safety policies, Risk Assessments, practices and procedure and to ensure that the site is safe for students, staff and visitors
- Liaise with external H&S audit agencies and provide reports/data as needed to ensure school is fully compliant with all legislative requirements
- To undertake regular inspections of the school premises to identify any potential hazards and be the first point of contact for dealing with identified hazards in the school
- To establish and implement a system for reporting hazards, through regular liaison with the maintenance department
- Ensure that access and egress to site is maintained to minimize health and safety risks to acceptable levels and maintain access to site for emergency services
- To be responsible for conducting fire drills and monitoring their effectiveness
- To provide a report to The Principal and SLT (Senior Leadership Team) on Health & Safety issues
- To liaise regularly with site manager over area of responsibility
- Maintain and ensure accurate records of data in The School Management System
Transport Maintenance & Safety
- Managing new student registration for transport service
- Planning and implementing bus routes in conjunction with the transport coordinator
- To regularly review all aspects of school buses safety including servicing/repairs and organizing appropriate training for staff
- To be responsible for maintaining the booking system for the school buses, keeping the keys and ensuring that appropriate maintenance and safety checks are carried out weekly
- Ensure all buses have a Leader and an Assistant, for assisting the driver and Teacher Assistant in case of emergencies
- Coordinating all the transport needs of the School
First aid support and line management of first aid team
- To maintain First Aid supplies and analyze first aid incidents to ensure that the school environment is as safe as possible
- To ensure that an appropriate training regime is established for staff who are or who wish to become first aid qualified
- To ensure that all students, staff and other members of the school are aware of the procedure when, immediate first aid is required
- To provide quality services
- To work with customers and do what needs to be done to meet their needs
- to customer feedback promptly
- To inform your Principal about what customers say in relation to the services delivered
- The post holder will be required to dress and act at all times as an example to the pupils within the school and to create a professional image for parents and other visitors
- To make every effort to access development opportunities and ensure time is spent identifying your professional development needs through a personal development plan
- To be ready to share good practice
- Ensuring the members in your team are aware of all customer and student ethics and display good
and respective behaviour
Health and Safety
- Emphasizes the importance of safety in all areas of the curriculum, communicating to the pupils the importance of a responsible attitude towards personal safety, the safety of others and respect for The Hamilton International School’s property and equipment
- Perform playground duties on time and with due diligence to safeguard Hamilton students
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Ensure that, all the necessary health and safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Maintain an awareness of all the health and safety measures to be taken when in school
Other duties and responsibilities
Any other duties that the Principal may from time to time ask the post-holder to perform
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a relevant field
- Preferred English and Arabic speaker
- Health & Safety Certification
- At least 5 years of working experience in Qatar
- Experience of implementing directives including the Health and Safety at Work Act in a working environment relating to fire precautions, regulations and appropriate safety procedures
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Evidence of practical application of sound judgment and ability to manage complex large site organizational issues
- Able to present information in a concise and professional manner
- Good analytical/critical thinking skills
- Strong understanding of warehouse control systems
- Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical systems
- Excellent project management skills
- Well organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Ability to manage self and a team effectively
- To be able to initiate opportunities for self and others and to find solutions to ensure tasks are completed within specified timescales
- Adaptable and self-motivated
- Articulate, communicative with an outgoing pleasant manner
- First Aid experience and training
- Able to negotiate, persuade and motivate others
- Willingness to undertake appropriate Professional Development
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in spoken and written form
- Willing attitude to be a part of the school team
- Strong sense of professionalism
- Safeguarding and welfare of children
- A collaborative team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Behaviour management
- Empathetic listener and patient
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded
- Emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and a can-do attitude
As a member of the staff of THIS you will need to comply with the below:
- Compliance with the school’s Vision, Mission and Policies
- Positive Professional Relationship with all staff members are maintained.
- Contact with students is on a strictly professional basis with the physical and emotional safety of students being of paramount importance.
- The hours of work as arranged with the principal are strictly followed.
This position entails working with information, much of which is held in confidence. Under no circumstances is this confidentiality to be compromised
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
1. Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
2. Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
3. Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
4. Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
5. Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively.
6. Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
7. Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
8. Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
9. Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
10. Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
11. Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
12. Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
13. Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome.
14. Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
ISP Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
The Hamilton International School is part of The International Schools Partnership (ISP).
The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our pupils, colleagues and parents. We are committed to getting better, all the time.
ISP was founded by an experienced team of committed educationalists and commercial operators who have worked together over many years. Our growing group of private schools located in the UK, the USA & Canada, Europe, Costa Rica, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Malaysia, Mexico and Peru educate children and pupils from 2-18 years of age. We have now expanded to 48 schools delivering multiple curricula and building on local brands and reputations with around 45,000 pupils and 7,000 staff located across the globe.
We believe that successful schools are the ones that put learning at the heart of everything they do, always aiming to create rounded individuals that are able to forge successful careers and lives in a rapidly changing world. Our goal is to enable our schools as the leading school of choice in their local area. We are a truly international group working in different cultures and speaking different languages. We work across countries and cultures, too, by working with each other and with other schools and communities. At ISP we continue to engage with schools around the world who are interested in becoming part of our global group of schools and look forward to welcoming more pupils and staff to the group.
All our schools:
- Help children and pupils learn to levels that amaze them.
- Inspire children and pupils to be successful now and equip them to be successful later.
- Are truly international, working in partnerships within and across regions, cultures and languages.
- Aim to be the schools of choice for children, pupils and their families, wherever we are.
The Hamilton International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All shortlisted candidates and post holders are subject to appropriate International Criminal and Child Protection Background Checks or equivalent, covering the previous 10 years of employment history. The Hamilton International School recruit teachers in several ways including direct application to the school and through international teacher recruitment agencies and organizations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.internationalschoolspartnership.com.