Website University of Calgary in Qatar
University of Calgary in Qatar Job Vacancy at Technical Supervisor in Qatar
Technical Supervisor Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Technical Supervisor has publish a notification on www.ucalgary.edu.qa career page for the recruitment of University of Calgary in Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of University of Calgary in Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||University of Calgary in Qatar|
|Name of Post||Technical Supervisor|
|Salary||QAR 5,000.00 Per Month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Technical Supervisor Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Information Technologies is currently seeking a Full-time, Regular Com/Media Technical Supervisor.
The position reports to the Manager, Communications Media, and is responsible for the delivery of technical service operations to support a wide range of IT server platforms. The sucessful applicant will make decisions that can impact the department, to the University as a whole.
The position is subject to high stress and requires balancing multiple priorities with hard deadlines. The position will be responsible for the operation of the University’s audio-visual projects on campus to support teaching and collaboration of individuals in various working arrangements, (Hybrid teaching, work from home, etc.).
Areas of focus for this position will include technology direction and planning to ensure that the Com/Media Technical area operates smoothly and provides high quality services to meet faculty and student needs. The sucessful candidate will operationalize the audio-visual design work on several critial projects, in addition to supplementing and supervising technical staff on installations and repairs.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Supervisory responsibilities of: technical repairs, fabrication, installation, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, staff and user training, audio & video maintenance / design / distribution
- Audio & video maintenance / design / distribution
- Technical budget monitoring; media purchasing and advisory services for campus
- Significant liaison with other technology staff, other units on campus, and externally with equipment suppliers and other educational institutions
- Supervision of three highly specialized technical staff
- Assist in installation and maintenance when required
- Technical project consulting and management (e.g. classroom media design)
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Electronic Engineering degree or Broadcast Electronics diploma
- 5-7 years background in industry or another related field
- Working knowledge of U of C buildings, cabling and other infrastructure, systems
- Sound, projection and control design experience / integration within a higher-education setting
- Proficent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Access, CAD design)
- Basic level of audio-visual programming / set-up desirable (Biamp, Extron, Crestron, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit careers.ucalgary.ca.