Website Voco Qatar
Executive Sous Chef
Voco Qatar Job Vacancy at Executive Sous Chef in Qatar
Executive Sous Chef Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Executive Sous Chef has publish a notification on www.Voco.com career page for the recruitment of Voco Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Voco Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Voco Qatar|
|Name of Post||Executive Sous Chef|
|Salary||QAR 11,400.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Executive Sous Chef Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
- Ensure the correct preparation and presentation of dishes is in accordance with menu cards and produced on a consistent basis.
- Plan and develop menus for the hotel considering factors such as product availability, cost, marketing activities, numbers to be served, and skills required to prepare.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate food portions with respect to the hotel’s occupancy and forecast demand.
- Participate in making decisions regarding printing, layouts, posting and distribution of menus.
- Prepare and post employee work schedules to reflect operating forecasts and to keep within budgeted figures.
- Supervise all methods of food preparation and cooking methods, size of portions, garnishing and presentation of food.
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus.
- Coordinate and supervise the ordering of all food supplies and kitchen equipment; approves all products to meet quality standards; keeps cost accounts, and takes responsibility of food preparation areas.
- Responsible for inventories to enable team members to successfully prepare mis en place.
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing and labeling procedures are observed at all times.
- Communicates with Food & Beverage team in regards to special events, changes in forecasts, special menu items, etc.
- Prepares and oversees food production for the café, guest lounge, room service, conference room and special events and functions, and staff cafeteria.
- Ensure sanitation standards as set forth by the Rabban Suites West Bay Doha’s Standard and in compliance as well as the cleanliness and neatness of the kitchen.
- Ensures recipes are constantly updated to reflect changes in availability and seasonal.
- Monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food factors preparation and quality.
- Monitor and review food presentations and make recommendations for needed changes.
- Continuously monitor food and labor cost in accordance with Rabban Suites West Bay Doha’s budget guidelines.
- Adjust production levels to meet forecast demands.
- Assist in the development and implementation of creative plans/programs that anticipate and meet guest needs and interests.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times and maintain high grooming standard.
- Develop pricing strategies that achieve forecast profit and food cost percentages.
- Actively participate in managing and optimizing revenues across all income streams of the food and beverage.
- Ensure controls and decreases waste is carried out by maintaining logs daily.
- Set up control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency.
- Create formal purchasing specifications.
- Continually maintains and updates daily and weekly reports in a timely manner.
- Observe and comply with the company’s requisition and purchase order system.
- Comply with and ensure adherence to all of the hotel’s policies and procedures
- Comply with all occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- Attend all scheduled meetings
- Communicates and follow-through with appropriate departments to correct sanitation and/or equipment issues.
- Communicates with other departments to adjust production for joint product needs.
- Delegates workload to subordinates fairly and consistently while continually striving to improve flow of production
- Monitor the employee cafeteria to ensure a quality product and a variety of menu items.
- Communicate with the accounts to ensure a top quality and fair price.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all staff and colleagues throughout the hotel and sister properties.
- Develop and ensure a safe working environment for people to work
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Schedules regular focus meetings with subordinates to increase communication
- Lead, motivate and inspire work colleague department’s financial and customer service goals.
- Hire, train, discipline, supervise and organize all kitchen personnel in accordance with hotel HR practices.
- Develop skills and assign individual accountabilities
- Develop & train the kitchen team, menu design with determination to set the standards.
- Ensures team reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform.
- Ensures all team members are properly equipped with uniforms, supplies, and tools.
- Recognize team members for successful achievements and contributions.
- Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement.
- Formal Hospitality Management qualifications in Culinary Institute– desirable
- Catering qualifications
- Completion and awarded Intermediate Food Hygiene Certification.
- Completion and awarded HACCP Certification.
- At least 5 – 10 years previous experience in a hotel or branded units
- Minimum 3 years in similar capacity
- Knowledge in preparation of all pastry and bakery products and all culinary operations.
- Knowledge of volume production and ability to maintain the highest quality standards
- Competent Word, Excel, Power Point and software packages
- Competent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Strong organizational and work coordinating skills to handle multiple assignments and projects
- Good people management skills and be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to follow standard recipes and convert quantities mathematically
- Knowledge of stock control and budgetary controls
To apply for this job please visit careers.ihg.com.