Website Weill Cornell Medicine Qatar
Weill Cornell Medicine Qatar Job Vacancy at Analyst, EHS in Qatar
Analyst, EHS Jobs 2023 in Qatar:- Analyst, EHS has publish a notification on www.weillcornell.org career page for the recruitment of Weill Cornell Medicine Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Weill Cornell Medicine Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Weill Cornell Medicine Qatar|
|Name of Post||Analyst, EHS|
|Salary||QAR 13,800.000 per month.|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Analyst, EHS Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Job: Analyst, EHS
Work Location: Qatar
Organization: Facilities, Health, Safety and Security
Work Days: Sunday-Thursday
Sponsorship Status: Eligible
Closing Date: January 23rd, 2023
The position is responsible for aiding in implementing the EHS program at the college. The incumbent works closely with the QF contractors on the organization’s environmental health, safety, and security matters.
- Enforces policies and procedures required to support in implementing the EHS plan.
- Conducts risk assessments to anticipate, identify, evaluate, and control potential workplace threats and hazards.
- Implements the risk mitigation measures as directed.
- Conducts inspections to ensure compliance with college policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and best management practices.
- Compiles and reports the inspection results and other metrics to the senior members of the team.
- Maintains all EHS documents related to incidents, frameworks, policies, and plans.
- Supports the emergency preparedness program and consults with emergency response personnel to protect people, property, and assets.
- Supports emergency communications systems to ensure prompt and effective communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Assists with developing emergency plans, including response and recovery phases for various incidents and emergencies.
- Responds to and serves as part of an emergency team to fires, hazardous material spills, and other emergency issues.
- Builds effective partnerships with staff, faculty, and students throughout the college, sharing appropriate information and helping when needed.
- Liaises and works with QF HSSE personnel on various projects and operational tasks.
- Provides EHS support as required for other members of the FHSS team. Supports external inspections as needed.
- Supports EHS-related training efforts as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related discipline with 5 – 6 years of experience in general environmental health, safety and security.
- Previous environmental health and safety experience in a research, hospital or medical education environment is highly desirable.
- The achievement of one or more of the following professional certifications or equivalents is desirable:
- Registered or Certified Biological Safety Professional, ABSA International.
- Certified Hazardous Material Manager, Institute of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers.
- Certified Safety Professional, Board of Certified Safety Professionals.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, American Board of Industrial Hygiene.
- Certified Health Physicist (CHP), American Board of Health Physics.
- Completing Basic Life Support (CPR/AED) and First Aid courses is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understands safety and environmental management systems (e.g., OSHAS 18001 and/or ISO 14001).
- Knowledge of Qatar-based EHS compliance and safety measures is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of biosafety, chemical hygiene, and radiation protection programs.
- Diligent with an ability to conduct inspections and seek ways for continual improvement.
- Good critical thinking skills and sound decision-making.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Proficient in English and Arabic (preferable).
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Performs work in modern office and laboratory environments.
- Works on evenings and weekends as required.
- Participates in Emergency Response program.
- While on call, must carry a cellular phone and responds to assist with emergencies during non-business hours.
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant elements, such as hazardous materials and heat, makes conditions less comfortable than the usual office environment.
- Must be able to use WCM-Q supplied safety equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of utilizing respiratory protection equipment, including negative-pressure respirators.
- The incumbent will be expected to work in a non-office environment where it may be required to enter crawl spaces, climb ladders, or review building systems.
Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar was established in 2001 as a partnership between Cornell University and Qatar Foundation. The first medical school in Qatar and a pioneer of coeducation at the university level, WCM-Q offers an integrated program of pre-medical and medical studies leading to the Cornell University M.D. degree. Teaching is by Cornell and Weill Cornell faculty, including physicians at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) who hold Weill Cornell appointments. Enrollment has grown rapidly from 25 first-year pre-medical students in the fall of 2002 to over 200 students from more than 30 countries.
WCM-Q is part of Weill Cornell Medical College, which was founded in New York City over 100 years ago, and shares the same mission:
- to provide the finest education possible for medical students
- to conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge
- to improve health care both now and for future generations
- to provide the highest quality of care to the community
To apply for this job please visit jobs.weill.cornell.edu.