Website Wood Qatar
Offshore Senior Piping Designer
Wood Qatar Job Vacancy at Offshore Senior Piping Designer in Qatar
Offshore Senior Piping Designer Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Offshore Senior Piping Designer has publish a notification on www.Wood.com career page for the recruitment of Wood Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Wood Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Wood Qatar|
|Name of Post||Offshore Senior Piping Designer|
|Salary||QAR 12,300.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Offshore Senior Piping Designer Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Wood is recruiting for an Offshore Senior Piping Designer to join our team in Qatar on a long term basis. In this role you are collaborating with a team of designers and engineers, where you will have the opportunity to be hands-on in supporting the group’s objectives across a major offshore FEED Project.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and green field opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- Adheres to Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work.
- Responsible for making sure their drawings and modelling adhere to Wood, Client, project, and/or all regulatory standards.
- Interfaces with other engineering disciplines to develop the 3D model and 2D design with source deliverables such as P&IDs.
- Preparation of deliverables as necessary on your appointed project such as but not limited to equipment layouts and piping GADs.
- Is able to work independently, taking a proactive approach to meet the piping design schedule
- Takes ownership, leading other designers in a work share environment to deliver the area design.
- Ensuring the quality, technical accuracy, and content of all project deliverables. Responsible for the self-checking attitude prior issuing drawings for checking (run a clash check in the 3D model of the items or area shown on the drawing, correctness of information etc.).
- Supports development and provides piping input to P&IDs, equipment datasheets, civil and structural design etc.
- Prepares drawings involving plans, layouts, calculations, bills of material and material take off for the discipline.
- Produces piping MTOs as an input to weight reports and estimating.
- Responsible for interfacing with other disciplines to resolve any clashes that may be arise. If the clash cannot be resolved easily or will be resolved later, then it should be noted down according to procedures.
- Plans assigned work effectively and obtains/provides information liaising with the project team and line manager, in time to control man-hours and achieve targets.
- Performs site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations, both onshore and offshore.
- Participates in project reviews, design reviews, audits and other workshops as required.
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in fields of expertise
- Takes a proactive approach to personal & professional development
- Seeks and supports opportunities for department and project improvement, contributing to the development of solutions
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years of experience using 3D design tools Aveva E3D and/or PDMS
- A minimum of 8 years of experience using 2D design tools AutoCAD
- Must be proficient with the PDMS Draft and/or Aveva Draw, having developed 2D design from the 3D model
- A minimum of 10 years working in the Oil & Gas industry, with at least 6 years working on offshore projects
- Must have experience delivering several FEED projects, including brown field modifications on offshore structures
- Knowledge with the development of plant layout in both onshore and offshore environments, understanding design fundamentals and criteria relating to process flow, safety spacing, access/egress, operations and maintenance likewise using the information’s to create 3D model.
- Able to demonstrate detailed knowledge and experience in the development of layout and design for well hook-ups, manifold arrangements, pigging, venting and drainage for offshore structures
- Experienced in the design and selection of pipe supports and equipment connections for both onshore and offshore facilities.
- Familiar with and the application of international design codes and standards such as BS, API, ASME B31.3 and B31.8
- Has experience with Qatar O&G customer design standards including Shell DEPs.
- Experienced with plot plan and 3D model reviews for offshore facilities.
- Knowledge of HVAC duct and mechanical piping (chilled and heating water) system design 3D modeling, CAD drawings for development, proposals and construction designs is a plus.
- Preferably will have experience in Process Design, having supported the Process Engineers to develop PFDs and P&IDs in 2D.
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with good verbal, written communication skills and good organisational awareness.
- Site engineering and construction experience is a plus but not mandatory.
Applicants are required to:
- Be available for work in Doha, Qatar from May 2023
- HNC or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Open attitude and willingness to learn and improve.
- Willing to be part of a team, but also have a flexible approach when required to work in small groups.
- Demonstrate a good level of written and spoken communication skills in the English language.
- Be willing and able to represent Wood in both onshore and offshore surveys, holding relevant certification or willing to undertake suitable training such as BOSIET and H2S Awareness.
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-row-external.icims.com.