Website Wood Qatar
Principal Civil Engineer
Wood Qatar Job Vacancy at Principal Civil Engineer in Qatar
Principal Civil Engineer Jobs 2023 in Qatar :- Principal Civil Engineer has publish a notification on www.Wood.com career page for the recruitment of Wood Qatar Post in Qatar location. Candidates who are eligible for the post of Wood Qatar can apply on before last date without getting late.
|Comapny Name||Wood Qatar|
|Name of Post||Principal Civil Engineer|
|Salary||QAR 11,500.00 per month|
|Job type||Qatar Jobs|
Principal Civil Engineer Jobs in Qatar 2023 Full Job Descripation
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a long term basis. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work.
In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and green field opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in Onshore Oil and Gas with a level of offshore Oil and Gas project knowledge.
- Produce, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, Civil engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the Civil engineering requirements of our projects
- Supervise less experienced civil engineers and, where required, be line manager for civil engineers within Qatar office.
- As required, perform the role of Lead Engineer including estimating and planning work as well as progress reporting.
- Support recruitment, training, and development of civil personnel
- Follow company standards and procedures to schedule and budget as advised by the Lead civil Engineer
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues
- Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision-making skills
- Familiarity with engineering software such as STAAD.Pro, SACS, Matt 3D, etc. – both as a user and checker.
- Take a proactive approach to personal & professional development
- Ensure Wood and Client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work
- Demonstrate appreciation of commercial and technical risks, managing these appropriately within own work and highlighting any significant issues to Lead Civil Engineer/ Engineering Manager.
- Seek and support opportunities for department and project improvement and contribute to developing solutions
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Similar
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- Enrolled on the Register of Engineers in the State of Qatar, Grade A Category as a mandatory requirement
- If not enrolled on the Register of Engineers in the State of Qatar, then candidates must be a Chartered Engineer
- Proven core Civil Engineering skills, including design experience and preferably in the Oil & Gas sector
- Experience of working in a variety of projects and phases, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Pre-FEED through to EPC
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
Applicants are required to:
- Be available for work in Doha, Qatar from April/May 2023
- Have demonstrable experience of recruitment within their discipline, including interviewing, candidate selection and team building within small discipline teams.
- Have demonstrable experience of working independently / remotely from technical leadership personnel (although functional leadership will be within the Doha office.
- Have demonstrable experience of working within a small project office, supporting cross discipline activities beyond their core discipline
To apply for this job please visit woodplc-row-external.icims.com.